Edit: Since I'm getting a lot of the same questions, I'll answer them here.
- The water is just clear resin.
- The fish are made from polymer clay.
- No, the animals are not real.
- This was done over the course for three days.
- As the koi ponds are one of my popular items, I will not be making a tutorial or explaining how to make parts of them. Sorry!
A one of a kind large Altoids tin koi pond is now available on eBay!
It features two koi fish (one black and white, one calico), a turtle, and a frog, all hand sculpted from polymer clay. It also has some underwater plants, stones, and a crushed slate substrate.
And it is such a great idea, with the little lake in a box. Such kind of small things, that can be in your pocket, and that you can look at and do nothing but smile.
I love koi and the little turtle is cute X3
Will you tell us how much time you needed to do this?