Edit: Since I'm getting a lot of the same questions, I'll answer them here.
- The water is just clear resin.
- The fish are made from polymer clay.
- No, the animals are not real.
- This was done over the course for three days.
- As the koi ponds are one of my popular items, I will not be making a tutorial or explaining how to make parts of them. Sorry!
A one of a kind large Altoids tin koi pond is now available on eBay!
It features two koi fish (one black and white, one calico), a turtle, and a frog, all hand sculpted from polymer clay. It also has some underwater plants, stones, and a crushed slate substrate.